Two Wheeler Insurance
About Two Wheeler Insurance
If you want to provide the safety and security to your bike, you have to ensure a very good two wheeler insurance to meet its needs. It is very difficult to grab two wheeler insurance or bike insurance policy as there is plenty of bike insurance companies available. So, you have to decide from which company you will make you insurance so that you can enjoy stress free rides knowing all possible risks are covered. A perfect two wheeler insurance will protect you from all the possible on road hazards which you may have face while riding your bike or scooter. To avoid such problems you have to invest on your insurance and procure the safety of you and your family and people on the road.
Why to get Two Wheeler Insurance?
There are several reasons to make Two Wheeler insurance and it is must for every driver. In India insurance covering third party is mandatory for every driver. If you are caught without the insurance, you will be required to pay the penalty and can also lose your driving privileges.
- To ensure the safety of your bike or scooter.
- For you and your family and friends.
- For the people on the on and of course off the road.
- For the property of anyone by which all possible accidents can be occurred for your bike or scooter.
- According to Indian 1988’s vehicle act third party insurance for is mandatory for all drivers. That’s why you have to make at least third party insurance.
Types of two wheeler insurance policy-
There are essentially two different types of car insurance policies in India- Third Party Liability Insurance (Mandatory) and Comprehensive Two wheeler Insurance (Optional).
Third Party Liability Insurance policy:-
This type of two wheeler insurance policy is designed to take care of third-party liabilities only. Any bodily injury or property damage of third-party will get the coverage through this two wheeler insurance plan. However, it is not advisable that you go for third-party two wheeler insurance policies. In India, third party motor insurance is mandatory for all Indians under 1988's Motor Vehicle Act. So, you have to opt for it even if you don't want to avail the comprehensive one.
Comprehensive Two wheeler Insurance policy:-
This type of two wheeler insurance offers the coverage to both the insured vehicle and third party. You have to make this type of policy of Two Wheeler to avoid all legal hazards. A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy typically endows policyholders with the following benefits. However, features of a two wheeler insurance policy may vary from one insurer to another who avail third party car insurance stay financially unprotected if the vehicle of the policyholders gets completely or partially damaged.
Features of Two wheeler Insurance-
- For a two wheeler insurance policy online you have to go through very minimal paperwork and the two wheeler insurance policy is issued instantly once the premiums are paid for a fresh policy or bike insurance online renewal.
- To avail a two wheeler insurance policy online you have to go through very minimal paperwork and the two wheeler insurance policy is issued instantly once the premiums are paid for a fresh policy or bike insurance online renewal.
- Apart from that through the two wheeler insurance the driver or owner of the two wheeler, other passengers are also entitled to opt for personal accident cover.
- On your online bike insurance renewal, you are eligible for NCB if you didn't make any two wheeler insurance claim during the previous policy year.
- You can change your two wheeler insurance policy provider and can also carry all the NCB that you have accumulated forward to the new insurer to get reduced premium quotes on two wheeler insurance renewal
- You can qualify for other discounts to minimize premium quotes as well if you install anti-theft devices in your two-wheeler, there are also facilities in some two wheeler insurance.
- Online two wheeler insurance plans come with a range of add-on covers in bike insurance which gives you options to enhance the coverage of your two wheeler insurance online.
Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
Two-wheeler insurance market has changed dramatically since the emergence of new players in the market. The bike insurance companies nowadays have come up with a range of features to woo customers and ensure they continue with them year after year. Some key benefits of buying 2 wheeler policies online are:
- Comprehensive and liability only coverage
- Quick Policy
- Optional Coverage
- Easy transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Quick Registration for online purchase
- Property damage and/or physical injury coverage in surroundings.
Extra covers of Two Wheeler Insurance-
Almost all online two wheeler insurance providers in India provide add-on covers to strengthen the security you have already ensured for your two-wheeler. Let's have a look at some of the most useful add-on bike insurance covers that you can avail along with your comprehensive two-wheeler insurance online.
Zero depreciation cover in bike insurance
Through the help of zero depreciation coverage of your two wheeler insurance of reputed bike insurance you don't have to pay from your pocket to repair or replace these parts. If your bike gets severely damaged and you make a claim for Total Loss you will get less value for your two-wheeler due to depreciation. The older is your two-wheeler; the lower would be your claim amount in two wheeler insurance. A zero-depreciation cover in bike insurance will take care of the depreciation and will help you get the full value of your two-wheeler. However, this bike insurance coverage is available for only first few years and you have to pay premiums to avail it.
Personal Accident Cover for passengers
The risk of getting severely wounded or even succumbing to death is the same for the rider and the person sitting behind. While your comprehensive two wheeler insurance safeguards you, the risk of the other passenger remains unprotected. With a personal accident add on cover for passengers, you can ensure financial protection to other passengers of your Two Wheeler in case they suffer full or partial disability as a consequence of a road mishap. Personal accident Cover for passengers.The risk of getting severely wounded or even succumbing to death is the same for the rider and the pillion-rider.
God forbid, if you meet an accident and gets badly injured you would need proper treatment facilities to recover through your bike insurance. A medical add-on bike insurance cover keeps treatment costs under cover and saves you from financial trauma. Through depending on the two wheeler insurance’s coverage you can manage the after effect of any accident. Cashless medical facilities can also be done through the two wheeler insurance.
You can get the accessories coverage installed in your bike. Now two wheeler insurance online also covers the damages to the accessories. The best two wheeler insurance companies will provide this extra facility at the time of your two wheeler insurance buying, if you want. Once you select the add-on bike insurance covers you want, you have to compare two wheeler insurance online plans in terms of additional premium quotes for add-on covers of that two wheeler insurance and pick the beneficial two wheeler insurance policy that doesn't hurt your pocket.
Premiums of Two Wheeler Insurance-
1) IDV of the vehicle
IDV means Insured’s Declared Value. In simple words, it is the amount that a two wheeler insurance provider in India decides as the value of your Two Wheeler. It is calculated at the time of availing two wheeler insurance policies by deducting the depreciated value from the showroom value of your bike and it is also the maximum amount you can claim in case of total damage or theft. The IDV keeps reducing as your two wheeler gets older and depreciation value increases. With the gradual reduction of IDV, the premiums of two wheeler insurance online also decrease.
2) Cubic Capacity of Two Wheeler
Premiums of two wheeler insurance online increases if the cubic capacity of the two wheeler also increases because the sum insured is directly proportional to premiums quotes. And, the premium quotes of bike insurance in your two wheeler insurance online will also be worked out accordingly the capacity.
3) Location of Two Wheeler Registration
According to India Motor Tariff, the accident prone zones are lying in the big metro cities, so if you live there, you have to ensure your two wheeler insurance first. Premium quotes of two wheeler insurance online are little higher as the risks of accident and theft are higher in those places.
4) Age of Two Wheeler
The two wheeler insurance online premiums are higher for older two-wheeler as insurers consider them more prone to damage. Discount play a pivotal role in calculating the premium of two wheeler insurance online. If you are eligible for NCB on your bike insurance online renewal, premiums quotes of your two wheeler insurance online will be reduced substantially.
What is covered under Two Wheeler Insurance?
Two-wheeler insurance provides coverage for:
- Loss or damage of the vehicle against natural calamities like fire, self-ignition, earthquake or flood
- Loss or damage of the vehicle against man-made calamities like burglary, theft, strike, malicious acts by outsider means as well.
- Third party legal responsibility provides protection against legal accountability arising out of the death/injury and damages to property due to a mishap.
What is not covered less than Two Wheeler insurance?
- Wear and tear or aging of the vehicle.
- Depreciation or any consequential loss.
- Mechanical/electrical breakdown.
- Wear and tear of consumables like tires and tubes.
- Insured vehicle being used for purposes other than mentioned in the limitations of usage in the agreement.
- Vehicle being used outside the geographical boundaries of India.
- A person driving any vehicle without a valid license.
- A person driving the vehicle under the influence of any kind of drugs or liquor.
- Loss/damage encountered due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk.
1) You should have a valid driving license-
To obtain an auto insurance policy, you need to have a valid license. If you intend to list any other drivers on the policy, they will also need to have a valid driver’s license.
2) Be a resident of India
All drivers for the insured car must reside in India
3) Past losses or convictions
Eligibility is also based on things like prior accident record as an example and will vary depending on whether you are looking for a new car insurance policy or wish to renew an existing policy. Other restrictions may arise from past convictions and can vary depending on when your last conviction occurred and the nature of the conviction. Here are the restrictions that may prevent you from getting car insurance
4) You have not been disqualified from driving at any time in the last 5 years
5) You have not been convicted of any non-motor criminal offence, have any criminal prosecutions pending or received a police caution. Convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 are excluded.
6) You have no connection with any of the following businesses or professions, Foreign Service or diplomatic personnel, gambling industry, general dealers, market traders, mini-cab drivers, professional sports, salvage or scrap merchants.
To buy two wheeler insurance, you will need-
- Copy of the driving license of person purchasing the insurance.
- Copy of registration certificate of the bike or scooter.
- Declaration page of the insurance policy if you already have a car insurance.
- Duly-filled insurance form.