Health care expenses are increasing at a breakneck speed in India. People with various situation give out a huge amount of money every year for several different diagnostic tests and treatments. More often than not, illnesses occur accidentally and hardly give people any scope to arrange for the required money. With soaring medical costs, even ordinary ailments can burn a huge hole in the pocket of common people in India. Skyrocketing medical expenses coupled with unhealthy lifestyles make the scenario even worse.
Of late, an increasing number of people in India require immediate medical attention. And the possibility of a life-threatening illness well and truly calls for an urgent need of financial protection in time of medical emergency. Health insurance is that financial protection you can avail to counter rapidly rising medical expenses. By buying the best health insurance policies in India, you can keep yourself and your family members financially protected from any unexpected health hazards.
Types of Health Insurance
In India, there are chiefly 4 types of health insurance plans available at present.Â
Individual Health Insurance Policy
As the name suggests, individual health insurance policies are designed to meet the medical expenses of an individual. For an example, if you opt for this type of health policy with sum assured amount of Rs. 5 Lakh, you can claim up to Rs.5 Lakh if you fall sick and the disease is covered under your health policy.
Family Floater Health Insurance Policies
This type of health insurance plan is meant to cover an entire family. The sum assured amount can be shared among all family members under the policy. For an example, If you opt for a family floater health insurance policy with sum assured amount of Rs. 5 Lakh to keep your family of 4 members protected, all four members are entitled to make claims till the exhaustion of the total sum assured. If you make a claim of Rs. 1 Lakh, the other 3 members are still eligible to claim the rest of Rs. 4 Lakh to cover their hospitalization charges.
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy
These types of health insurance policy take care of the medical needs of senior citizens. In early days, health insurance companies in India didn't have any health policy in store for the people in advanced age. However, many health insurance companies in India nowadays have come up with beneficial and cost-effective health policies to safeguard senior citizens.
Critical Illness Policy
This type of health insurance policy offer monetary protection against expenses for treatment of some specific life-threatening critical ailments like cancer, massive heart attack and the likes. Policyholders are usually provided with one-time lump sum payouts once they are diagnosed with any of the critical illness mentioned in the policy. Critical illness plans are available both as standalone health policies and as an add-on to a standard health plan. One can compare the merit of both types of plans and choose the more advantageous one.
Criteriaof Health Insurance
Proposers' entry age
Typically, children are covered in medical insurance plans bought by their parents after 3 months or from 91 days until years. However, children are considered as dependents till 25 years in India.
Maximum age for health insurance renewal
Top health insurance companies in India offer lifetime renewal option to their policyholders. However, after a certain age most health insurance providers ask for a medical check-up in order to renew health policy.
The coverage on offer varies from one health insurer to another. You can compare different health insurance policies offered by different insurers in terms of coverage options. A comprehensive health insurance policy normally covers the following medical expenses;
- All expenses during hospitalization (minimum 24 hours)
- Donors' expenses in case of organ transplant of insured
- Ambulance charges
- Daycare procedures
- Pre/Post-hospitalization costs
- Domiciliary hospitalization
- Health check-up expense
- Daily cash during hospitalization
- Maternity/newborn expenses (conditions applicable)
- Pre-existing diseases (conditions applicable)
What is Not Covered in Health Insurance ?
There is no health plan that covers anything under the sun. All health policies come with a fixed set of exclusions set by the companies. Typically, the following are the exclusions of a regular comprehensive health insurance plan;
- The policy coverage becomes effective usually after 30 days from inception.
- Most companies impose a 2-4 years waiting period for pre-existing conditions and other specified diseases
- Some health insurance companies don't cover expenses pertaining to maternity and new-born babies
- All health insurance companies operating in India don't cover ailments and injuries as a consequence of war, Nuclear risks, terrorism, civil unrest, attempts to suicide km,./and the likes
- Health insurance plans usually don't cover HIV, STDs and related illnesses
- Most health insurance companies don't cover unconventional and non-allopathic treatments
- Medical policies in India don't provide coverage for cosmetic or plastic surgeries or procedures for sex change and hormonal replacements
- Most health insurance companies don't include optical and dental procedures and treatments for psychiatric and genetic disorders.
- If Treatment takes place outside India, health insurance companies in India don't cover its expenses
- If the treatment is carried out by medical professionals who are not unqualified
Compare health insurance plansIn order to trace out the best health insurance policy online you can compare health insurance plans in India on the basis of various parameters. For an example, you can compare health insurance plans in terms of the premiums to find out the most affordable health plan available in India. To locate health plans with best coverage you can also compare health insurance policies on the basis of the available sum assured amount.
Benefits of online comparison of Health Insurance
- With the widespread internet usage all over India, now you can compare health insurance online without having to pay visit to all brick and mortar outlets of health insurers in India.
- If you opt for online health insurance quotes comparison. You can select the most cost-effective insurer and save money in the process. By choosing to compare health policy quotes online you can save time and effort.
- If you compare health insurance policies online and select one you can pay for reduced premiums as there would be no agent with his share of commission that would otherwise increase the premiums of health plans.
Compare health insurance premiums onlineInstead of jumping at a particular health cover in haste, you should take time to compare health insurance covers in terms of coverage and premiums. While comparing health plans you can sort the cost-effective policies out from a myriad of health insurance plans.
How to Claim Health Insurance ?
Cashless Claims:By making this type of health insurance claim successfully, you don't have to pay for medical treatments in advance. However, you have to select a medical facility in the network of your health insurer to avail the facility of cashless medical treatment. All of the medical expenses will be borne by your health insurer. You just have to get the cashless claim approved by the TPA and submit the health card provided by your insurer in your chosen network hospital as a proof of your health policy. You might also have to produce any of your identification proof such as voter card or pan card to ensure that you are the insured person. The claim process also differs in different types of hospitalization. There are chiefly two types of hospitalization; one is when the hospitalization is planned in advance and the other is when the hospitalization takes place on emergency basis; Planned hospitalization:Where you plan for hospitalization in advance you need to inform the TPA and get the claim approved in advance by filling and submitting forms. You can get pre-authorization forms from any hospital in the network of your health insurer. Emergency hospitalization: In case, the hospitalization is needed on an emergency basis you first have to produce the health card issued by your insurer to get the coverage. You will also have to fill pre-authorization forms and submit to the hospital. After checking with the TPA, the hospital will either approve or deny the cashless claim. If your claim for cashless medical treatment gets rejected you can still get the medical costs reimbursed.
Reimbursement ClaimsApart from making claims for availing medical treatments for free, you can also pay the medical costs up front and make a reimbursement claim later. If your health cover encompasses the treatment and the associated costs in its coverage you are eligible to get the entire expenses reimbursed by your health insurer. To make a successful reimbursement claim you have to produce the following necessary documents'
- Duly filled claim form issued by your medical insurer
- Various proofs of medical expenses such as receipts, bills, prescriptions
- Any other proof that supports claim process and required by your insurer
How to Buy Health Insurance ?If you decide to purchase health insurance online you can save on premiums as well. By buying a health insurance policy in the conventional manner you have to pay more as distribution and processing charges get added with the premiums costs.
Say goodbye to lengthy traditional processIf you decide to avail health insurance online you don't have to pay visits to offices of each and every health insurer which might take weeks. Moreover, there is no long and boring document verification process if you go online. A comprehensive health policy for yourself and your family is just a few clicks away and you can carry out the entire process of comparing and securing the best health insurance policy online right from your residence or office and at anytime you want.
Enjoy continuous coverage throughout the yearThe beauty of an online car insurance plan is it ensures that you stay covered all the time. Since health insurance renewal online is possible at anytime of the day, you can renew your health cover online even at midnight to enjoy uninterrupted coverage. Once the procedure for health insurance renewal online is over the soft copy of your new health policy will be emailed to you and you can also get the print-out of hard copy.
Abundance of health insurer available onlineThere is a plethora of health insurance providers with online presence nowadays to facilitate you with online health insurance renewal and purchase. At GIBL.IN you can make detailed comparison of health policies at ease and buy the best health insurance policy online.
Get Best Health Insurance from GIBL through PricetolComparing online health insurance quotes to buy the best health insurance online has become the norm in India. GIBL.IN is well aware of this upsurge trend and facilitates policy seekers with detailed information about each health insurer in India on one platform so that they can make an easy and fast comparison of all available mediclaim plans. And pricetol.com is a comparison website, and as a medium it provides insurance from GIBL.
Benefits of choosing health insurance from PRICETOL.COM
- The scope of comparing all available health insurance plans in India.
- An easy way of learning about eligibility requirements for different health policies
- Availability of countless health insurance reviews on several different health insurers and health policies offered by them
- Effortless yet informed selection of the best health insurance online
- Assistance with claim settlement and paperwork is available
- Dedicated customer care service to provide expert guidance